curator-user mailing list archives

From Jihoon Son <jihoon...@apache.org>
Subject Missing event in PathChildrenCache
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2017 04:57:55 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Curator 4.0.0 and Curator-testing 2.12.0 for the Zookeeper
compatibility.

Recently, one of our unit tests keeps failing, and I found an weird case
while looking into it. The unit test essentially does followings.

- Makes a PathChildrenCache for '/' and writes something on a '/test1' in
background. The PathChildrenCache has an event listener for the
'CHILD_REMOVED' event.
- Deletes '/test1' transactionally.
- Expects PathChildrenCache does something on 'CHILD_REMOVED' event.

This test works well in local, but mostly fails on travis. The problems is,
if the delete in the second step is performed before the actual write on
'/test1' is done in the first step, PathChildrenCache never receives the
'CHILD_REMOVED' event.

I'm not sure this is a bug or not. Is there any way to guarantee for
PathChildrenCache to receive 'CHILD_REMOVED' event properly?

Thanks,
Jihoon