curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject DISCUSS: Remove Classic connection handling
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2017 05:01:29 GMT
Background: We are preparing to release what will be Apache Curator 4.0.0. As usual, our tests
are a bit flakey. Currently, the biggest culprit is "classic" connection handling. This is
a special internal mode that most people probably don't even know about. It was added as a
backward compatibility stop gap when the meaning of connection state LOST changed from Curator
2.x to Curator 3.x. With Curator 4.0, I'd like to completely remove "classic" connection handling
unless there are objections. Here is the PR:

	https://github.com/apache/curator/pull/233 <https://github.com/apache/curator/pull/233>

Please comment on the PR if you have any issues with this. I'll leave this open for 48 hours
- i.e. barring objections this will get merged Wednesday morning US time.

-Jordan