curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: end-of-life for Curator 2.0 and make next version 4.0.0
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2017 16:25:37 GMT
Thanks Cameron. I'll do the release, no worries.

-JZ

> On Jul 22, 2017, at 2:55 AM, Cameron McKenzie <cammckenzie@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Sounds ok to me as long as the backwards compatibility is all good. I'm still away for
another couple of days, but I can do the release sometime next week if you like.
> cheers
>
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 5:48 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com <mailto:jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>>
wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I was trying to backport some PRs to CURATOR-2.0 and it was very difficult. So, I decided
to see what it would take to make Curator 3.x work with ZooKeeper 3.4.x. The result is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-425
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-425>. There will be a PR later today
(barring anything unforeseen). Given this, there's no reason to continue with CURATOR-2.0.
Also, given the number of changes and new features in master, I propose that we make the next
release Curator 4.0.0.