curator-user mailing list archives

From Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is connectionTimeoutMs?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 05:15:47 GMT
Session timeout is a Zookeeper concept. It's just the amount of time (in
MS) that a client session can be idle for before the Zookeeper server times
it out.  A heart beat keeps the session alive, so the session will only
time out due to network issues.

The connection timeout is a Curator concept. Jordan described its use in
this thread. Basically, it just defines how long Curator will wait for a
connection to be established to Zookeeper before giving up and trying again.