curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Curator queue usage problems
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2016 15:31:06 GMT
Can you send a code snippet or test that shows the issue?

-Jordan

> On Nov 16, 2016, at 4:35 AM, Vadim <vadim@ant.ee> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
>         My name is Vadim and I am new curator user. I am very happy with curator, but
think that may be using it in a wrong way a bit. Particularly  I am using Distributed Queue
receipt and code runs well until Consumer silently dies. Messages for queue are small and
does not exceed 50 bytes. I use queue to distribute tasks between Workers.

>         My QueueConsumer method consumeMessate() calls part of the code that may fail
silently (without exception). Since message delivery at my scenario is "durable" I can see
locks that are never freed. Curator does not "cure" such a stale consumer as well. Am I doing
something wrong?

>         I have an idea to call code inside "consumeMessage"  at separate blocking thread
that has a timeout. Thus when my code fails silently -- consumer will get timeout exception.
But this is not an elegant solution I think. What do you think?