curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper version is 3.5.1-alpha in 3.2.1
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 15:04:38 GMT
The version naming scheme the ZK chose is really unfortunate. ZooKeeper 3.5.1 is a released
version. They put “alpha” in there to signal that some features aren’t fully ready.
There will never be a 3.5.1 without the “alpha” tag. There is a huge deployed ZK 3.5.x
base in production.

-Jordan

> On Nov 29, 2016, at 3:54 PM, Imesha Sudasingha <imesha.13@cse.mrt.ac.lk> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have noticed that the Zookeeper version used in the latest release of Curator (3.2.1)
is 3.5.1-alpha.

> <zookeeper-version>3.5.1-alpha</zookeeper-version>
>
> Since I'm using 3.2.0 at the moment which also has the above mentioned zookeeper version,
I would like to know when will there be a release with this fixed?

> I have noticed that you have fixed the zookeeper version in the git repository recently.
Therefore, what I'm concerned about is 'when will that be released?'