curator-user mailing list archives

From Vadim <va...@ant.ee>
Subject Curator queue usage problems
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2016 09:35:05 GMT
Hello all,

        My name is Vadim and I am new curator user. I am very happy with
curator, but think that may be using it in a wrong way a bit.
Particularly  I am using Distributed Queue receipt and code runs well
until Consumer silently dies. Messages for queue are small and does not
exceed 50 bytes. I use queue to distribute tasks between Workers.

        My QueueConsumer method consumeMessate() calls part of the code
that may fail silently (without exception). Since message delivery at my
scenario is "durable" I can see locks that are never freed. Curator does
not "cure" such a stale consumer as well. Am I doing something wrong?

        I have an idea to call code inside "consumeMessage"  at separate
blocking thread that has a timeout. Thus when my code fails silently --
consumer will get timeout exception. But this is not an elegant solution
I think. What do you think?

Thank you in advance,

Vadim.