curator-user mailing list archives

From Imesha Sudasingha <imesha...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Subject PathChildrenCache : Accuracy
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 09:44:12 GMT
Hi all,

I have been using apache zookeeper. Now I'm willing to switch to
CuratorFramework as it contains many useful recipes inbuilt.

PathChildrenCache[1] is the solution you have provided to watch on a given
node without using native zookeeper watchers. As I went through the API [1]
documentation, the following ambiguous sentence has caused me to think
twice as I want consistency accuracy for my implementation (such as not
missing CHILD_CREATED events).

"it's not possible to stay transactionally in sync. Users of this class
must be prepared for false-positives and false-negatives. Additionally,
always use the version number when updating data to avoid overwriting
another process' change."

Can anyone please clarify how the above effect can affect the accuracy of
events listened? And is there a way to w atch on a given node without using
Zookeeper watchers and PathChildrenCache?

(PathChildrenCache has the functionality I required. But the above
description in the API docs matters me)

Thanks in advance!

[1]
https://curator.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/curator/framework/recipes/cache/PathChildrenCache.html

Regards,
Imesha Sudasingha

--
*Imesha Sudasingha*
Undergraduate of Department of Computer Science and  Engineering,