curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: whether curator does the sync action when using InterProcessMutex in framework?
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2016 19:06:14 GMT
Are you using Curator’s InterProcessMutex? If so, then you don’t need to worry about sync.
syncs are implied in every write operation in ZooKeeper. There’s almost never a reason to
manually do a sync.

-Jordan

> On Oct 13, 2016, at 4:47 AM, liusammy <buptsam@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> as you know, zk has feature that write action is confirm after majority of zk nodes successfully
write. To read data, client needs to send sync request to zk cluster node then get the newest
data.

> currently I use curator to do distributed lock framework.
>
> I wonder whether or not curator does the “sync” action before trying to lock a znode?
Please point out my misunderstanding.