curator-user mailing list archives

From "sammy" <bupt...@gmail.com>
Subject 答复: whether curator does the sync action when using InterProcessMutex in framework?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2016 03:13:28 GMT
Yes, I use InterProcessMutex. Thanks a lot for your explanation! :)

发件人: Jordan Zimmerman [mailto:jordan@jordanzimmerman.com]
发送时间: 2016年10月14日 星期五 3:06
收件人: user@curator.apache.org
主题: Re: whether curator does the sync action when using InterProcessMutex in framework?

Are you using Curator’s InterProcessMutex? If so, then you don’t need to worry about sync.
syncs are implied in every write operation in ZooKeeper. There’s almost never a reason to
manually do a sync.

-Jordan

On Oct 13, 2016, at 4:47 AM, liusammy <buptsam@gmail.com <mailto:buptsam@gmail.com>
> wrote:

Hi guys,

as you know, zk has feature that write action is confirm after majority of zk nodes successfully
write. To read data, client needs to send sync request to zk cluster node then get the newest
data.

currently I use curator to do distributed lock framework.

I wonder whether or not curator does the “sync” action before trying to lock a znode?
Please point out my misunderstanding.

thanks a lot!
​