curator-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Benjamin Jaton <benjamin.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Curator never goes through when ZK is read-only
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 21:55:30 GMT
Adding the end of the log:

570438 [main] DEBUG org.apache.curator.RetryLoop  - Retry policy not
allowing retry
570438 [main-EventThread] INFO
org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager  - State change:
SUSPENDED
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /
    at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:99)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getData(ZooKeeper.java:1956)
    at
org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl$4.call(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:310)
    at
org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl$4.call(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:299)
    at org.apache.curator.RetryLoop.callWithRetry(RetryLoop.java:108)
    at
org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.pathInForeground(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:295)
    at
org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.forPath(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:287)
    at
org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.forPath(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:34)
    at
testzkclient.TestCuratorReadOnlyClient.main(TestCuratorReadOnlyClient.java:25)

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Benjamin Jaton <benjamin.jaton@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I was making a mistake in the ZK test, the ZK client works properly ( I
> was not waiting for the watcher to give me a ConnectedReadOnly event ).
>
> So I retried with zk 3.5.2 and curator 2.11.0, I have more logs (see below)
>
> 10.11.9.70:2181 is the functioning node,
> 10.11.157.4:2181 and 10.11.157.210:2181 don't exist.
>
> I stopped capturing at 300sec.
>
> This line:
> 15043 [main] DEBUG org.apache.curator.CuratorZookeeperClient  -
> blockUntilConnectedOrTimedOut() end. isConnected: false
> is not right. Why did it stop blocking?
> Is there a way to get more info?
>
> 0 [main] INFO org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl  -
> Starting
> 4 [main] DEBUG org.apache.curator.CuratorZookeeperClient  - Starting
> 4 [main] DEBUG org.apache.curator.ConnectionState  - Starting
> 4 [main] DEBUG org.apache.curator.ConnectionState  - reset
> 12 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:zookeeper.version=3.5.2-alpha-1753710, built on 07/21/2016
> 16:24 GMT
> 12 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client environment:
> host.name=w-rli09-ben
> 12 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:java.version=1.8.0_11
> 12 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
> 12 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:java.home=/usr/local/apps/jdk1.8.0_11/jre
> 12 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:java.class.path=/home/benji/workspace-trunk/testzkclient/bin:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/zookeeper-3.5.2/build/lib/commons-cli-1.2.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/zookeeper-3.5.2/build/lib/jackson-core-asl-1.9.11.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/zookeeper-3.5.2/build/lib/jackson-mapper-asl-1.9.11.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/zookeeper-3.5.2/build/lib/javacc.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/zookeeper-3.5.2/build/lib/jetty-6.1.26.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/zookeeper-3.5.2/build/lib/jetty-util-6.1.26.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/zookeeper-3.5.2/build/lib/jline-2.11.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/zookeeper-3.5.2/build/lib/log4j-1.2.17.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/zookeeper-3.5.2/build/lib/netty-3.10.5.Final.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/zookeeper-3.5.2/build/lib/servlet-api-2.5-20081211.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/zookeeper-3.5.2/build/lib/slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/zookeeper-3.5.2/build/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/zookeeper-3.5.2/build/zookeeper-3.5.2-alpha.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/apache-curator-3.2.0/guava-16.0.1.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/apache-curator-3.2.0/curator-client-2.11.0.jar:/home/benji/workspace-trunk/apache-curator-3.2.0/curator-framework-2.11.0.jar
> 12 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:java.library.path=/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
> 12 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:java.io.tmpdir=/tmp
> 12 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:java.compiler=<NA>
> 12 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client environment:
> os.name=Linux
> 13 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:os.arch=amd64
> 13 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:os.version=3.8.0-44-generic
> 13 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client environment:
> user.name=benji
> 13 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:user.home=/home/benji
> 13 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:user.dir=/home/benji/workspace-trunk/testzkclient
> 13 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:os.memory.free=378MB
> 13 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:os.memory.max=5358MB
> 13 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Client
> environment:os.memory.total=381MB
> 16 [main] INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper  - Initiating client
> connection, connectString=10.11.9.70:2181,10.11.157.4:2181,
> 10.11.157.210:2181 sessionTimeout=45000
> watcher=org.apache.curator.ConnectionState@1ff8b8f
> 27 [main] DEBUG org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocket  - jute.maxbuffer is
> 4194304
> 39 [main] DEBUG org.apache.curator.CuratorZookeeperClient  -
> blockUntilConnectedOrTimedOut() start
> 39 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Opening socket connection to server
> 10.11.157.210/10.11.157.210:2181. Will not attempt to authenticate using
> SASL (unknown error)
> *15043 [main] DEBUG org.apache.curator.CuratorZookeeperClient  -
> blockUntilConnectedOrTimedOut() end. isConnected: false*
> Successfully established the connection with ZooKeeper
> 15058 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] WARN
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Client session timed out, have not heard
> from server in 15023ms for sessionid 0x0
> 15058 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Client session timed out, have not heard
> from server in 15023ms for sessionid 0x0, closing socket connection and
> attempting reconnect
> 15059 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] DEBUG
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO  - Ignoring exception during
> shutdown input
> java.net.SocketException: Socket is not connected
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateToSocketException(Net.java:143)
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:177)
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:183)
>     at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:404)
>     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.cleanup(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:198)
>     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:1325)
>     at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1245)
> Caused by: java.nio.channels.NotYetConnectedException
>     at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownInput(SocketChannelImpl.java:777)
>     at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:402)
>     ... 3 more
> 15062 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] DEBUG
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO  - Ignoring exception during
> shutdown output
> java.net.SocketException: Socket is not connected
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateToSocketException(Net.java:143)
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:177)
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:183)
>     at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownOutput(SocketAdaptor.java:412)
>     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.cleanup(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:205)
>     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:1325)
>     at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1245)
> Caused by: java.nio.channels.NotYetConnectedException
>     at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownOutput(SocketChannelImpl.java:794)
>     at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownOutput(SocketAdaptor.java:410)
>     ... 3 more
> 15169 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Opening socket connection to server
> 10.11.9.70/10.11.9.70:2181. Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL
> (unknown error)
> 15170 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Socket connection established,
> initiating session, client: /10.11.12.4:44742, server:
> 10.11.9.70/10.11.9.70:2181
> 15173 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] DEBUG
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Session establishment request sent on
> 10.11.9.70/10.11.9.70:2181
> 15180 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Session establishment complete on server
> 10.11.9.70/10.11.9.70:2181, sessionid = 0x10003fa439a0060, negotiated
> timeout = 40000 (READ-ONLY mode)
> 15182 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Checking server
> 10.11.157.4/10.11.157.4:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 200
> 15187 [main-EventThread] INFO
> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager  - State change:
> READ_ONLY
> 142434 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Unable to read additional data from
> server sessionid 0x10003fa439a0060, likely server has closed socket,
> closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
> 142538 [main-EventThread] INFO
> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager  - State change:
> SUSPENDED
> 142545 [main] DEBUG org.apache.curator.RetryLoop  - Retry-able exception
> received
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
> KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /
>     at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:99)
>     at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
>     at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getData(ZooKeeper.java:1956)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl$4.call(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:310)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl$4.call(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:299)
>     at org.apache.curator.RetryLoop.callWithRetry(RetryLoop.java:108)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.pathInForeground(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:295)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.forPath(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:287)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.forPath(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:34)
>     at
> testzkclient.TestCuratorReadOnlyClient.main(TestCuratorReadOnlyClient.java:25)
> 143211 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Opening socket connection to server
> 10.11.157.210/10.11.157.210:2181. Will not attempt to authenticate using
> SASL (unknown error)
> 147546 [main] DEBUG org.apache.curator.RetryLoop  - Retrying operation
> 156556 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] WARN
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Client session timed out, have not heard
> from server in 14019ms for sessionid 0x10003fa439a0060
> 156557 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Client session timed out, have not heard
> from server in 14019ms for sessionid 0x10003fa439a0060, closing socket
> connection and attempting reconnect
> 156557 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] DEBUG
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO  - Ignoring exception during
> shutdown input
> java.net.SocketException: Socket is not connected
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateToSocketException(Net.java:143)
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:177)
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:183)
>     at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:404)
>     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.cleanup(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:198)
>     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:1325)
>     at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1245)
> Caused by: java.nio.channels.NotYetConnectedException
>     at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownInput(SocketChannelImpl.java:777)
>     at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:402)
>     ... 3 more
> 156557 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] DEBUG
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO  - Ignoring exception during
> shutdown output
> java.net.SocketException: Socket is not connected
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateToSocketException(Net.java:143)
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:177)
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:183)
>     at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownOutput(SocketAdaptor.java:412)
>     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.cleanup(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:205)
>     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:1325)
>     at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1245)
> Caused by: java.nio.channels.NotYetConnectedException
>     at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownOutput(SocketChannelImpl.java:794)
>     at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownOutput(SocketAdaptor.java:410)
>     ... 3 more
> 157544 [Curator-Framework-0] ERROR org.apache.curator.ConnectionState  -
> Connection timed out for connection string (10.11.9.70:2181,
> 10.11.157.4:2181,10.11.157.210:2181) and timeout (15000) / elapsed (15006)
> org.apache.curator.CuratorConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode =
> ConnectionLoss
>     at
> org.apache.curator.ConnectionState.checkTimeouts(ConnectionState.java:197)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.ConnectionState.getZooKeeper(ConnectionState.java:88)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.CuratorZookeeperClient.getZooKeeper(CuratorZookeeperClient.java:116)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.performBackgroundOperation(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:835)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.backgroundOperationsLoop(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:809)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.access$300(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:64)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl$4.call(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:267)
>     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> 158163 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Opening socket connection to server
> 10.11.9.70/10.11.9.70:2181. Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL
> (unknown error)
> 158164 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Socket connection established,
> initiating session, client: /10.11.12.4:45070, server:
> 10.11.9.70/10.11.9.70:2181
> 158164 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] DEBUG
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Session establishment request sent on
> 10.11.9.70/10.11.9.70:2181
> 158166 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Session establishment complete on server
> 10.11.9.70/10.11.9.70:2181, sessionid = 0x10003fa439a0061, negotiated
> timeout = 40000 (READ-ONLY mode)
> 158166 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Checking server
> 10.11.157.4/10.11.157.4:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 400
> 158167 [main-EventThread] INFO
> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager  - State change:
> READ_ONLY
> 285409 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Unable to read additional data from
> server sessionid 0x10003fa439a0061, likely server has closed socket,
> closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
> 285510 [main] DEBUG org.apache.curator.RetryLoop  - Retry-able exception
> received
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
> KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /
>     at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:99)
>     at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
>     at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getData(ZooKeeper.java:1956)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl$4.call(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:310)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl$4.call(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:299)
>     at org.apache.curator.RetryLoop.callWithRetry(RetryLoop.java:108)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.pathInForeground(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:295)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.forPath(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:287)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.forPath(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:34)
>     at
> testzkclient.TestCuratorReadOnlyClient.main(TestCuratorReadOnlyClient.java:25)
> 285516 [main-EventThread] INFO
> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager  - State change:
> SUSPENDED
> 286312 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Opening socket connection to server
> 10.11.157.210/10.11.157.210:2181. Will not attempt to authenticate using
> SASL (unknown error)
> 290511 [main] DEBUG org.apache.curator.RetryLoop  - Retrying operation
> 295516 [Curator-Framework-0] INFO
> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager  - State change:
> LOST
> 295517 [Curator-Framework-0] ERROR
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl  - Background
> operation retry gave up
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
> KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss
>     at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:99)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.checkBackgroundRetry(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:728)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.performBackgroundOperation(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:857)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.backgroundOperationsLoop(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:809)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.access$300(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:64)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl$4.call(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:267)
>     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> 295518 [Curator-Framework-0] ERROR
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl  - Background retry
> gave up
> org.apache.curator.CuratorConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode =
> ConnectionLoss
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.performBackgroundOperation(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:838)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.backgroundOperationsLoop(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:809)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.access$300(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:64)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl$4.call(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:267)
>     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> 299659 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] WARN
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Client session timed out, have not heard
> from server in 14149ms for sessionid 0x10003fa439a0061
> 299659 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Client session timed out, have not heard
> from server in 14149ms for sessionid 0x10003fa439a0061, closing socket
> connection and attempting reconnect
> 299660 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] DEBUG
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO  - Ignoring exception during
> shutdown input
> java.net.SocketException: Socket is not connected
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateToSocketException(Net.java:143)
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:177)
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:183)
>     at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:404)
>     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.cleanup(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:198)
>     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:1325)
>     at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1245)
> Caused by: java.nio.channels.NotYetConnectedException
>     at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownInput(SocketChannelImpl.java:777)
>     at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:402)
>     ... 3 more
> 299660 [main-SendThread(10.11.157.210:2181)] DEBUG
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO  - Ignoring exception during
> shutdown output
> java.net.SocketException: Socket is not connected
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateToSocketException(Net.java:143)
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:177)
>     at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:183)
>     at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownOutput(SocketAdaptor.java:412)
>     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.cleanup(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:205)
>     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:1325)
>     at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1245)
> Caused by: java.nio.channels.NotYetConnectedException
>     at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownOutput(SocketChannelImpl.java:794)
>     at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownOutput(SocketAdaptor.java:410)
>     ... 3 more
> 300520 [Curator-Framework-0] ERROR org.apache.curator.ConnectionState  -
> Connection timed out for connection string (10.11.9.70:2181,
> 10.11.157.4:2181,10.11.157.210:2181) and timeout (15000) / elapsed (15004)
> org.apache.curator.CuratorConnectionLossException: KeeperErrorCode =
> ConnectionLoss
>     at
> org.apache.curator.ConnectionState.checkTimeouts(ConnectionState.java:197)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.ConnectionState.getZooKeeper(ConnectionState.java:88)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.CuratorZookeeperClient.getZooKeeper(CuratorZookeeperClient.java:116)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.performBackgroundOperation(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:835)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.backgroundOperationsLoop(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:809)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.access$300(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:64)
>     at
> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl$4.call(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:267)
>     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> 301077 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Opening socket connection to server
> 10.11.9.70/10.11.9.70:2181. Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL
> (unknown error)
> 301078 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Socket connection established,
> initiating session, client: /10.11.12.4:45385, server:
> 10.11.9.70/10.11.9.70:2181
> 301078 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] DEBUG
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Session establishment request sent on
> 10.11.9.70/10.11.9.70:2181
> 301081 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Session establishment complete on server
> 10.11.9.70/10.11.9.70:2181, sessionid = 0x10003fa439a0062, negotiated
> timeout = 40000 (READ-ONLY mode)
> 301082 [main-SendThread(10.11.9.70:2181)] INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  - Checking server
> 10.11.157.4/10.11.157.4:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 800
> 301082 [main-EventThread] INFO
> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager  - State change:
> READ_ONLY
>
>
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Benjamin Jaton <benjamin.jaton@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Cameron, you seem to be right, the simple zookeeper client also fails
>> sometimes.
>> I will bring it up to the ZK team, thank you!
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie.cam@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I'm at a bit of a loss then. Looking at the stack trace, it's in the ZK
>>> code (not the Curator code) that it appears to be blocking. Maybe try and
>>> create a test that removes Curator and just uses the ZK client directly and
>>> see if you still have the same problem?
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 7:54 AM, Benjamin Jaton <
>>> benjamin.jaton@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Yes, I mean the ping goes through properly
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Cameron McKenzie <
>>>> mckenzie.cam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Are the 'dead' hosts reachable? I seem to recall having problems with
>>>>> the ZK client blocking for a long time if you had a host configured that
>>>>> was resolvable but not reachable.
>>>>>
>>>>> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 4:30 AM, Benjamin Jaton <
>>>>> benjamin.jaton@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> More to the story:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> While it consistently works on the same machine than the sole running
>>>>>> ZK node when I specify only 2 of the 3 servers in the connection string,
>>>>>> it doesn't work when I specify 3 hosts:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:23:46 INFO  o.a.z.ZooKeeper:716 - Initiating client
>>>>>> connection, connectString=QA-E8WIN11:2181,QA-E8WIN12:2181,QA-E8WIN13:2181
>>>>>> sessionTimeout=45000 watcher=org.apache.curator.ConnectionState@c86b9e3
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:23:46 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1138 - Opening socket
>>>>>> connection to server QA-E8WIN13/10.11.8.230:2181. Will not attempt
>>>>>> to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:24:01 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1251 - Client session
>>>>>> timed out, have not heard from server in 15018ms for sessionid 0x0, closing
>>>>>> socket connection and attempting reconnect
>>>>>> Successfully established the connection with ZooKeeper
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:24:01 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1138 - Opening socket
>>>>>> connection to server QA-E8WIN12/10.11.8.232:2181. Will not attempt
>>>>>> to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:24:16 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1251 - Client session
>>>>>> timed out, have not heard from server in 15000ms for sessionid 0x0, closing
>>>>>> socket connection and attempting reconnect
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:24:16 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1138 - Opening socket
>>>>>> connection to server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181. Will not attempt
>>>>>> to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:24:16 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:980 - Socket connection
>>>>>> established, initiating session, client: /10.11.8.236:50423, server:
>>>>>> QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:24:16 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1400 - Session
>>>>>> establishment complete on server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181,
>>>>>> sessionid = 0x10003c8af64001b, negotiated timeout = 45000 (READ-ONLY mode)
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:24:16 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1297 - Checking server
>>>>>> QA-E8WIN13/10.11.8.230:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 200
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:24:16 INFO  o.a.c.f.s.ConnectionStateManager:228 -
>>>>>> State change: READ_ONLY
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:24:37 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1297 - Checking server
>>>>>> QA-E8WIN12/10.11.8.232:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 400
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:24:58 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1251 - Client session
>>>>>> timed out, have not heard from server in 42023ms for sessionid
>>>>>> 0x10003c8af64001b, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:24:58 INFO  o.a.c.f.s.ConnectionStateManager:228 -
>>>>>> State change: SUSPENDED
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:25:00 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1138 - Opening socket
>>>>>> connection to server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181. Will not attempt
>>>>>> to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:25:00 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:980 - Socket connection
>>>>>> established, initiating session, client: /10.11.8.236:50428, server:
>>>>>> QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:25:00 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1400 - Session
>>>>>> establishment complete on server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181,
>>>>>> sessionid = 0x10003c8af64001c, negotiated timeout = 45000 (READ-ONLY mode)
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:25:00 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1297 - Checking server
>>>>>> QA-E8WIN13/10.11.8.230:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 800
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:25:00 INFO  o.a.c.f.s.ConnectionStateManager:228 -
>>>>>> State change: READ_ONLY
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:25:21 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1297 - Checking server
>>>>>> QA-E8WIN12/10.11.8.232:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 1600
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:25:42 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1251 - Client session
>>>>>> timed out, have not heard from server in 42011ms for sessionid
>>>>>> 0x10003c8af64001c, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:25:42 INFO  o.a.c.f.s.ConnectionStateManager:228 -
>>>>>> State change: SUSPENDED
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:25:44 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1138 - Opening socket
>>>>>> connection to server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181. Will not attempt
>>>>>> to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:25:44 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:980 - Socket connection
>>>>>> established, initiating session, client: /10.11.8.236:50435, server:
>>>>>> QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:25:44 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1400 - Session
>>>>>> establishment complete on server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181,
>>>>>> sessionid = 0x10003c8af64001d, negotiated timeout = 45000 (READ-ONLY mode)
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:25:44 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1297 - Checking server
>>>>>> QA-E8WIN13/10.11.8.230:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 3200
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:25:44 INFO  o.a.c.f.s.ConnectionStateManager:228 -
>>>>>> State change: READ_ONLY
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:26:05 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1297 - Checking server
>>>>>> QA-E8WIN12/10.11.8.232:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 6400
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:26:26 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1251 - Client session
>>>>>> timed out, have not heard from server in 42003ms for sessionid
>>>>>> 0x10003c8af64001d, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:26:26 INFO  o.a.c.f.s.ConnectionStateManager:228 -
>>>>>> State change: SUSPENDED
>>>>>> Exception in thread "main"
>>>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
>>>>>> KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /
>>>>>>     at
>>>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:99)
>>>>>>     at
>>>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
>>>>>>     at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getData(ZooKeeper.java:1753)
>>>>>>     at
>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl$4.call(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:310)
>>>>>>     at
>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl$4.call(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:299)
>>>>>>     at org.apache.curator.RetryLoop.callWithRetry(RetryLoop.java:108)
>>>>>>     at
>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.pathInForeground(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:295)
>>>>>>     at
>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.forPath(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:287)
>>>>>>     at
>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.forPath(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:34)
>>>>>>     at test.Test.main(Test.java:25)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> That seems to suggest that adding 1 host to check somehow messes up
>>>>>> something in the timeouts.
>>>>>> I am suspicious of those:
>>>>>> 2016-07-12 11:25:44 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1297 - Checking server
>>>>>> QA-E8WIN13/10.11.8.230:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 3200
>>>>>> They seem to be "blocking" the existing connection we have to the
>>>>>> healthy ZK server, which goes stale. Is that possible?
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Benjamin Jaton <
>>>>>> bjaton@radiantlogic.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I did not use the zkCli tool but the ZK java API directly. And other
>>>>>>> tools like ZooInspector (contrib). They were run from a remote machine.
>>>>>>> I ran it on the same machine and the one read only server is running
>>>>>>> properly, I can browse it using those methods.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Trying to make sense of those client-server interactions is
>>>>>>> difficult but here is what I got:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Client:
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:55:01,508 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1138 - *Opening
>>>>>>> socket connection to server QA-E8WIN11*/10.11.8.236:2181. Will not
>>>>>>> attempt to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:55:01,512 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:980 - *Socket
>>>>>>> connection established*, initiating session, client: /
>>>>>>> 10.11.12.4:60586, server: QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:55:01,521 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1400 - *Session
>>>>>>> establishment complete on server QA-E8WIN11*/10.11.8.236:2181, *sessionid
>>>>>>> = 0x10003c8af640007*, negotiated timeout = 45000 (READ-ONLY mode)
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:55:01,523 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1297 -
>>>>>>> Checking server QA-E8WIN12/10.11.8.232:2181 for being r/w. Timeout
>>>>>>> 200
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:55:01,528 INFO
>>>>>>>  org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - *State
>>>>>>> change: READ_ONLY*
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:57:08,800 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1253 - *Unable
>>>>>>> to read additional data from server sessionid 0x10003c8af640007, likely
>>>>>>> server has closed socket, closing socket connection and attempting
>>>>>>> reconnect*
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:57:08,903 INFO
>>>>>>>  org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - *State
>>>>>>> change: SUSPENDED*
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Server:
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12T10:55:56,468 [myid:] - INFO  [ProcessThread(sid:1
>>>>>>> cport:-1)::ZooKeeperServer@678] - *Established session
>>>>>>> 0x10003c8af640007 with negotiated timeout 45000* for client /
>>>>>>> 10.11.12.4:60586
>>>>>>> (...)
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12T10:56:41,756 [myid:] - INFO
>>>>>>>  [SessionTracker:ZooKeeperServer@384] - *Expiring session
>>>>>>> 0x10003c8af640007, timeout of 45000ms exceeded*
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Note: Don't worry about the time being about 1 min off between the
>>>>>>> machines.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> What I don't understand is why we are losing the read-only
>>>>>>> connection we successfully established. ZK ro server says it timed out?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Now interestingly, when I run it on the same machine it works and
>>>>>>> completes pretty quickly:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:43:49 INFO  o.a.z.ZooKeeper:716 - Initiating client
>>>>>>> connection, connectString=QA-E8WIN11:2181,QA-E8WIN12:2181
>>>>>>> sessionTimeout=45000 watcher=org.apache.curator.ConnectionState@e4487af
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:43:49 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1138 - Opening socket
>>>>>>> connection to server QA-E8WIN12/10.11.8.232:2181. Will not attempt
>>>>>>> to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>>> Successfully established the connection with ZooKeeper
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:44:10 WARN  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1257 - Session 0x0 for
>>>>>>> server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting
>>>>>>> reconnect
>>>>>>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further
>>>>>>> information
>>>>>>> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
>>>>>>> ~[?:1.8.0_91]
>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717)
>>>>>>> ~[?:1.8.0_91]
>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:355)
>>>>>>> ~[zookeeper-3.5.0-alpha.jar:3.5.2-alpha-SNAPSHOT-1702518]
>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1236)
>>>>>>> [zookeeper-3.5.0-alpha.jar:3.5.2-alpha-SNAPSHOT-1702518]
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:44:11 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1138 - Opening socket
>>>>>>> connection to server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181. Will not attempt
>>>>>>> to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:44:11 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:980 - Socket connection
>>>>>>> established, initiating session, client: /10.11.8.236:50147,
>>>>>>> server: QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:44:11 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1400 - Session
>>>>>>> establishment complete on server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181,
>>>>>>> sessionid = 0x10003b315b30012, negotiated timeout = 45000 (READ-ONLY mode)
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:44:11 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1297 - Checking server
>>>>>>> QA-E8WIN12/10.11.8.232:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 200
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:44:11 INFO  o.a.c.f.s.ConnectionStateManager:228 -
>>>>>>> State change: READ_ONLY
>>>>>>> 2016-07-12 10:44:32 INFO  o.a.z.ClientCnxn:1297 - Checking server
>>>>>>> QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 400
>>>>>>> Done.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Cameron McKenzie <
>>>>>>> mckenzie.cam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> It looks like a connection issue based on the logs. When you
>>>>>>>> confirmed that the connection was ok via the zkCli, was that running on the
>>>>>>>> same host as the read only server? Can you run it from the same host that
>>>>>>>> you're running the Java client from?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Benjamin Jaton <
>>>>>>>> benjamin.jaton@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Well I was trying to let it run and it eventually fails, with a
>>>>>>>>> stack:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Successfully established the connection with ZooKeeper
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:28:21,943 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1251
>>>>>>>>> - Client session timed out, have not heard from server in 22519ms for
>>>>>>>>> sessionid 0x0, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:28:22,046 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1138
>>>>>>>>> - Opening socket connection to server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181.
>>>>>>>>> Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:28:22,050 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:980
>>>>>>>>> - Socket connection established, initiating session, client: /
>>>>>>>>> 10.11.12.4:54702, server: QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:28:22,058 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1400
>>>>>>>>> - Session establishment complete on server QA-E8WIN11/
>>>>>>>>> 10.11.8.236:2181, sessionid = 0x100024f09360080, negotiated
>>>>>>>>> timeout = 45000 (READ-ONLY mode)
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:28:22,061 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1297
>>>>>>>>> - Checking server QA-E8WIN12/10.11.8.232:2181 for being r/w.
>>>>>>>>> Timeout 200
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:28:22,066 INFO
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>> change: READ_ONLY
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:30:29,312 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1253
>>>>>>>>> - Unable to read additional data from server sessionid 0x100024f09360080,
>>>>>>>>> likely server has closed socket, closing socket connection and attempting
>>>>>>>>> reconnect
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:30:29,416 INFO
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>> change: SUSPENDED
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:30:31,031 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1138
>>>>>>>>> - Opening socket connection to server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181.
>>>>>>>>> Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:30:31,032 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:980
>>>>>>>>> - Socket connection established, initiating session, client: /
>>>>>>>>> 10.11.12.4:55156, server: QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:30:31,034 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1400
>>>>>>>>> - Session establishment complete on server QA-E8WIN11/
>>>>>>>>> 10.11.8.236:2181, sessionid = 0x100024f09360083, negotiated
>>>>>>>>> timeout = 45000 (READ-ONLY mode)
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:30:31,034 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1297
>>>>>>>>> - Checking server QA-E8WIN12/10.11.8.232:2181 for being r/w.
>>>>>>>>> Timeout 400
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:30:31,035 INFO
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>> change: READ_ONLY
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:32:38,335 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1253
>>>>>>>>> - Unable to read additional data from server sessionid 0x100024f09360083,
>>>>>>>>> likely server has closed socket, closing socket connection and attempting
>>>>>>>>> reconnect
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:32:38,441 INFO
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>> change: SUSPENDED
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:32:40,425 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1138
>>>>>>>>> - Opening socket connection to server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181.
>>>>>>>>> Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:32:40,426 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:980
>>>>>>>>> - Socket connection established, initiating session, client: /
>>>>>>>>> 10.11.12.4:55637, server: QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:32:40,428 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1400
>>>>>>>>> - Session establishment complete on server QA-E8WIN11/
>>>>>>>>> 10.11.8.236:2181, sessionid = 0x100024f09360087, negotiated
>>>>>>>>> timeout = 45000 (READ-ONLY mode)
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:32:40,428 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1297
>>>>>>>>> - Checking server QA-E8WIN12/10.11.8.232:2181 for being r/w.
>>>>>>>>> Timeout 800
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:32:40,428 INFO
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>> change: READ_ONLY
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:34:47,615 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1253
>>>>>>>>> - Unable to read additional data from server sessionid 0x100024f09360087,
>>>>>>>>> likely server has closed socket, closing socket connection and attempting
>>>>>>>>> reconnect
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:34:47,716 INFO
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>> change: SUSPENDED
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:34:49,557 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1138
>>>>>>>>> - Opening socket connection to server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181.
>>>>>>>>> Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:34:49,558 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:980
>>>>>>>>> - Socket connection established, initiating session, client: /
>>>>>>>>> 10.11.12.4:56094, server: QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:34:49,560 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1400
>>>>>>>>> - Session establishment complete on server QA-E8WIN11/
>>>>>>>>> 10.11.8.236:2181, sessionid = 0x100024f09360089, negotiated
>>>>>>>>> timeout = 45000 (READ-ONLY mode)
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:34:49,560 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1297
>>>>>>>>> - Checking server QA-E8WIN12/10.11.8.232:2181 for being r/w.
>>>>>>>>> Timeout 1600
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:34:49,560 INFO
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>> change: READ_ONLY
>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 16:36:56,895 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1253
>>>>>>>>> - Unable to read additional data from server sessionid 0x100024f09360089,
>>>>>>>>> likely server has closed socket, closing socket connection and attempting
>>>>>>>>> reconnect
>>>>>>>>> Exception in thread "main" 2016-07-11 16:36:56,996 INFO
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>> change: SUSPENDED
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
>>>>>>>>> KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /
>>>>>>>>>     at
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:99)
>>>>>>>>>     at
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
>>>>>>>>>     at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getData(ZooKeeper.java:1753)
>>>>>>>>>     at
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl$4.call(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:310)
>>>>>>>>>     at
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl$4.call(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:299)
>>>>>>>>>     at
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.RetryLoop.callWithRetry(RetryLoop.java:108)
>>>>>>>>>     at
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.pathInForeground(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:295)
>>>>>>>>>     at
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.forPath(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:287)
>>>>>>>>>     at
>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.imps.GetDataBuilderImpl.forPath(GetDataBuilderImpl.java:34)
>>>>>>>>>     at TestCuratorReadOnly.main(TestCuratorReadOnly.java:23)
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 4:39 PM, Cameron McKenzie <
>>>>>>>>> mckenzie.cam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> So, it appears that the initial connection occurs ok, but then
>>>>>>>>>> something goes wrong
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:49:15,712 INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1253
>>>>>>>>>> - Unable to read additional data from server sessionid 0x100024f0936005b,
>>>>>>>>>> likely server has closed socket, closing socket connection and attempting
>>>>>>>>>> reconnect
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Then a reconnection occurs ok, and then the cycle starts again.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Can you see where in the stack the getData() call is hanging?
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Benjamin Jaton <
>>>>>>>>>> benjamin.jaton@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> The blockUntilConnectedOrTimedOut() does return, we see the line:
>>>>>>>>>>> "Successfully established the connection with ZooKeeper"
>>>>>>>>>>> which happens right after.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> The getData() is where it hangs.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> We see this first:
>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:47:08,420 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>>>> change: READ_ONLY
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> and then we see it again 2 minutes later:
>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:49:17,316 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>>>> change: READ_ONLY
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> and then again 2 minutes after that:
>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:51:26,470 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>>>> change: READ_ONLY
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Then I stopped it.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 4:13 PM, Cameron McKenzie <
>>>>>>>>>>> mckenzie.cam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> hey Ben,
>>>>>>>>>>>> From the logs it looks like the connection is established at
>>>>>>>>>>>> the end?
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Are you saying that the blockUntilConnectedOrTimedOut() does
>>>>>>>>>>>> not return when this occurs?
>>>>>>>>>>>> cheers
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 9:10 AM, Benjamin Jaton <
>>>>>>>>>>>> bjaton@radiantlogic.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> ZK is 3.5.1-alpha
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Curator is 2.11.0
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Benjamin Jaton <
>>>>>>>>>>>>> bjaton@radiantlogic.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I have a 3 nodes ZK cluster , readonly mode is enabled.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 nodes are down, so the third one is in read-only (verified
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> by using the ZK API manually).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I'm using this piece of code:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Builder curatorClientBuilder =
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CuratorFrameworkFactory.builder()
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> .connectString("QA-E8WIN11:2181,QA-E8WIN12:2181")
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> .sessionTimeoutMs(45000).connectionTimeoutMs(15000)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> .retryPolicy(new RetryNTimes(3, 5000)).canBeReadOnly(true);
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CuratorFramework client = curatorClientBuilder.build();
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> client.start();
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> client.getZookeeperClient().blockUntilConnectedOrTimedOut();
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> System.out.println("Successfully established the connection
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> with ZooKeeper");
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> client.getData().forPath("/");
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> System.out.println("Done.");
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> When curator pick the host that is UP first, it goes through
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> very quickly. When it picks the host that is down first (QA-E8WIN12), it
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> never goes through.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Am I missing something here?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Below is the log:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,733 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl:235 - Starting
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,743 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> environment:zookeeper.version=3.5.1-alpha-1748895, built on 06/17/2016
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 22:24 GMT
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,743 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client environment:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> host.name=w-rli09-ben
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,744 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> environment:java.version=1.8.0_11
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,744 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client environment:java.vendor=Oracle
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Corporation
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,744 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> environment:java.home=/usr/local/apps/jdk1.8.0_11/jre
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,744 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> environment:java.class.path=(..)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,746 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client environment:java.io.tmpdir=/tmp
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,746 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client environment:java.compiler=<NA>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,747 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client environment:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> os.name=Linux
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,747 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client environment:os.arch=amd64
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,747 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> environment:os.version=3.8.0-44-generic
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,747 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client environment:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> user.name=benji
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,747 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client environment:user.home=(..)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,747 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client environment:user.dir=(..)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,747 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> environment:os.memory.free=385MB
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,748 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> environment:os.memory.max=5358MB
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,748 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:109 - Client
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> environment:os.memory.total=397MB
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,750 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper:716 - Initiating client connection,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> connectString=QA-E8WIN11:2181,QA-E8WIN12:2181 sessionTimeout=45000
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> watcher=org.apache.curator.ConnectionState@3e96bacf
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:46:45,769 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1138 - Opening socket connection to server
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> QA-E8WIN12/10.11.8.232:2181. Will not attempt to
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Successfully established the connection with ZooKeeper
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:47:08,300 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1251 - Client session timed out, have not
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> heard from server in 22534ms for sessionid 0x0, closing socket connection
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and attempting reconnect
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:47:08,403 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1138 - Opening socket connection to server
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181. Will not attempt to
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:47:08,406 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:980 - Socket connection established,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> initiating session, client: /10.11.12.4:47004, server:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:47:08,413 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1400 - Session establishment complete on
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181, sessionid =
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0x100024f0936005b, negotiated timeout = 45000 (READ-ONLY mode)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:47:08,415 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1297 - Checking server QA-E8WIN12/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 10.11.8.232:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 200
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:47:08,420 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> change: READ_ONLY
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:49:15,712 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1253 - Unable to read additional data from
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> server sessionid 0x100024f0936005b, likely server has closed socket,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:49:15,815 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> change: SUSPENDED
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:49:17,313 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1138 - Opening socket connection to server
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181. Will not attempt to
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:49:17,314 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:980 - Socket connection established,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> initiating session, client: /10.11.12.4:47295, server:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:49:17,316 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1400 - Session establishment complete on
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181, sessionid =
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0x100024f0936005f, negotiated timeout = 45000 (READ-ONLY mode)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:49:17,316 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1297 - Checking server QA-E8WIN12/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 10.11.8.232:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 400
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:49:17,316 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> change: READ_ONLY
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:51:24,607 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1253 - Unable to read additional data from
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> server sessionid 0x100024f0936005f, likely server has closed socket,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:51:24,713 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> change: SUSPENDED
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:51:26,467 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1138 - Opening socket connection to server
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181. Will not attempt to
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> authenticate using SASL (unknown error)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:51:26,468 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:980 - Socket connection established,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> initiating session, client: /10.11.12.4:47576, server:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:51:26,470 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1400 - Session establishment complete on
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> server QA-E8WIN11/10.11.8.236:2181, sessionid =
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0x100024f09360061, negotiated timeout = 45000 (READ-ONLY mode)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:51:26,470 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:1297 - Checking server QA-E8WIN12/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 10.11.8.232:2181 for being r/w. Timeout 800
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2016-07-11 15:51:26,470 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  org.apache.curator.framework.state.ConnectionStateManager:228 - State
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> change: READ_ONLY
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (...)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ben
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message