curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Problem with LeaderSelector 2.7.1
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 20:26:23 GMT
I quickly looked at your code and don’t understand why you close the leader selector on connection
LOST. Does your network partition often?  Also, are you really creating a new Curator instance
for every leader selector? You should create one Curator instance for your entire application.

-JZ

> On Jul 13, 2016, at 1:41 PM, Cantrell, Curtis <Curtis.Cantrell@bkfs.com> wrote:
>
> It looks like maybe there are two Fixes that affect my problem.  CURATOR-264 and CURATOR-247.
     Has CURATOR-247 been merge to the 2.X branch or do I need to update my zookeeper to 3.5
in order to get the fix?
> Leader election: Duplicate ephemeral nodes with same owner id
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-264 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-264>
>
> We sometimes experience failure in our leader-election functionality when we have network
issues. When this situation occurs we see that there are two ephemeral nodes in the zookeeper
cluster for the same session but there is no active leader.
> Extend Curator's connection state to support SESSION_LOST
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-247 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-247>
>
> Curator has a connection state for LOST that confuses users. It does not mean that the
session is lost. Instead it means that the retry policy has given up retrying

> The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not
disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately.
In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving
and review by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.