curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Attaching a Fencing Token to a Leader Latch
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 11:51:46 GMT
There’s a constructor in LeaderLatch that takes an “id”. That id is the payload for the
lock node.

	public LeaderLatch(CuratorFramework client, String latchPath, String id)

You can call getParticipants() to get the IDs of all participants in the latch.

> On Jul 19, 2016, at 5:31 AM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Curators!
>
> We are using the curator LeaderLatch recipe for leader election - so far works great!
>
> We need to additionally attach a "fencing token" to the leader latch - basically a random
unique ID that can be used to identify actions taken under the assumption of a certain node
holding the leader latch. This token should be retrieved atomically with the leader status
and live and die with the leader status.

> Its seems natural to use the leader latch znode for that.
> We were thinking to either use the latch's znode zxid, or to write some bytes to the
znode (or attach a child node) to it.

> The recipe does not provide any access to the znode, however. What would you recommend
to do here? Is it possible to add (read only) access to the znode in the LeaderLatch?