curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: PathChildrenCache creates the node if not present
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2016 21:39:35 GMT
OK with me. Just make sure that setExecutor(ExecutorService executorService) works correctly.
But, I’m concerned there’s a bug in CloseableExecutorService. I’d like to see it fixed
if there is one.

-Jordan

> On Jul 21, 2016, at 4:38 PM, Scott Blum <dragonsinth@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In that case, I have no idea why TreeCache would use CloseableExecutorService at all,
it's a pointless (and in fact, destructive) wrapper at this point.  How about I just eliminate
it?

> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com <mailto:jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>>
wrote:
> I forget now who wrote CloseableExecutorService. As I recall, the desire was to be able
to have an object that looks like an ExecutorService but could handle an externally managed
ExecutorService or an internally managed one. This way, the code could always treat it as
internally managed - being able to call shutdownNow, etc. - but if it was provided by a client
it would only close threads actually used by the instnace.

> -Jordan
>

>> On Jul 21, 2016, at 4:28 PM, Scott Blum <dragonsinth@gmail.com <mailto:dragonsinth@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Looks like a real bug... for some reason, the single-arg constructor for CloseableExecutorService
defaults to NOT actually shutting down the underlying executor.  This makes absolutely no
sense to me, but it's the source of the bug... most of the code paths to construct a TreeCache
use the 1-arg constructor.  Only one of them uses the 2-arg constructor with the right setting.