curator-user mailing list archives

From "Cantrell, Curtis" <Curtis.Cantr...@bkfs.com>
Subject RE: Problem with LeaderSelector 2.7.1
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 18:41:33 GMT
It looks like maybe there are two Fixes that affect my problem.  CURATOR-264 and CURATOR-247.
     Has CURATOR-247 been merge to the 2.X branch or do I need to update my zookeeper to 3.5
in order to get the fix?
Leader election: Duplicate ephemeral nodes with same owner id
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-264

We sometimes experience failure in our leader-election functionality when we have network
issues. When this situation occurs we see that there are two ephemeral nodes in the zookeeper
cluster for the same session but there is no active leader.
Extend Curator's connection state to support SESSION_LOST
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-247

Curator has a connection state for LOST that confuses users. It does not mean that the session
is lost. Instead it means that the retry policy has given up retrying

by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.