curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Problem starting TestingServer
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 18:22:45 GMT
ZooKeeper 3.5.x is in the release branch of Maven Central.

-JZ

> On Jun 15, 2016, at 1:21 PM, Arnon Moscona <arnon@moscona.com> wrote:
>
> Ah. Well, I think it explains the Maven behavior though. I believe it would only pull
production versions unless you tell it otherwise.

> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 11:04 AM Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com <mailto:jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>>
wrote:
> We have two concurrent releases right now. People are using ZooKeeper 3.5 in production
so we need to be at parity with them.

> -Jordan
>
>> On Jun 15, 2016, at 1:02 PM, Arnon Moscona <arnon@moscona.com <mailto:arnon@moscona.com>>
wrote:

>> Thanks for the quick reply.
>> Switching to Curator to 2.10.0 solved the problem with the smoke test. Now I can
>>
>> As for Maven: Zookeeper 3.5 is in alpha. Latest stable is 3.4.8. I would think that
Curator should not be released ahead of the Zookeeper dependency.

>> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 10:51 AM Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com
<mailto:jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>> wrote:
>> Curator 3.x is only to be used with ZooKeeper 3.5. I’m actually surprised that
Maven didn’t pull in ZooKeeper 3.5 anyway.

>> http://curator.apache.org <http://curator.apache.org/> - see the note on versions
at the bottom

>>> On Jun 15, 2016, at 12:48 PM, Arnon Moscona <arnon@moscona.com <mailto:arnon@moscona.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I have a problem that I cannot find any answers for. Simply starting a TestingServer
no longer works. I created a simple smoke test to replicate and the problem happens exactly
the same in my Fedora box as well on my Windows box.