curator-user mailing list archives

From Arnon Moscona <ar...@moscona.com>
Subject Problem starting TestingServer
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 17:48:08 GMT
Hi!

I have a problem that I cannot find any answers for. Simply starting a
TestingServer no longer works. I created a simple smoke test to replicate
and the problem happens exactly the same in my Fedora box as well on my
Windows box.

Smoke test:

package net.projectmonastery.monastery.zookeeper.data;

import org.apache.curator.test.TestingServer;
import org.junit.Test;

/**
 * Created by arnon on 6/15/16.
 */
public class ZookeeperSmokeTest {
    @Test
    public void smokeTest() throws Exception {
        TestingServer server = new TestingServer(true);
    }
}

Result:

*java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timed out waiting for watch removal*
at
org.apache.curator.test.TestingZooKeeperMain.blockUntilStarted(TestingZooKeeperMain.java:153)
at
org.apache.curator.test.TestingZooKeeperServer.start(TestingZooKeeperServer.java:159)
at org.apache.curator.test.TestingServer.<init>(TestingServer.java:117)
at org.apache.curator.test.TestingServer.<init>(TestingServer.java:100)
at org.apache.curator.test.TestingServer.<init>(TestingServer.java:52)
at
net.projectmonastery.monastery.zookeeper.data.ZookeeperSmokeTest.smokeTest(ZookeeperSmokeTest.java:12)
        at ...

Dependencies:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.zookeeper</groupId>
    <artifactId>zookeeper</artifactId>
    <version>3.4.8</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.curator</groupId>
    <artifactId>curator-framework</artifactId>
    <version>3.1.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.curator</groupId>
    <artifactId>curator-test</artifactId>
    <version>3.1.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.curator</groupId>
    <artifactId>curator-recipes</artifactId>
    <version>3.1.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.curator</groupId>
    <artifactId>curator-x-discovery</artifactId>
    <version>3.1.0</version>
</dependency>

…

Any ideas welcome

--

----

Arnon Moscona
arnon@moscona.com

*In God we trust, all others must bring data*
*- The elements of statistical learning*
(attributed by many to W. Edwars Deming, but no data supports it)