curator-user mailing list archives

From Moshiko Kasirer <mos...@liveperson.com>
Subject question about curator - retry policy
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 15:12:09 GMT
first i would like to thank you about curator we are using it as part of
our service discovery

solution and it helps a lot!!

i have a question i hope you will be able to help me with.

its regarding the curator retry policy it seems to me we dont really
understand when this policy is

invoked,  as i see in our logs that although i configured it as max retry 1
actually in the logs i see

many ZK re connection attempts (and many curator gave up messages but later
i see

reconnected status...) . is it possible that that policy is only relevant
to manually invoked

operations against the ZK cluster done via curator ? and that the re
connections i see in the logs

are caused by the fact that the ZK was available during start up so
sessions were created and

then when ZK was down the ZK clients *(not curator) * are sending
heartbeats as part of the ZK

architecture? that is the part i am failing to understand and i hope you
can help me with that.

you have recently added RetreyAllways policy and i wanted to know if it is
save to use it?

the thing is we always want to retry to reconnect to ZK when he is
available but that is something

the ZK client does as long as he has open sessions right?  i am not sure
that it has to do with the

retry policy ...

thanks,

moshiko

--
Moshiko Kasirer
Software Engineer

--
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this on behalf of the