curator-user mailing list archives

From Stefano Salmaso <stefano.salm...@lastminute.com>
Subject Trouble with InterProcessMutex.acquire, timeout not respected
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 16:32:28 GMT
Forwarding to Curator list...

Hi Jordan,
I'm using apache curator with zookeeper in order to have a distributed lock.
Our code follow this guide line
http://curator.apache.org/curator-recipes/shared-reentrant-lock.html <http://curator.apache.org/curator-recipes/shared-reentrant-lock.html>

But.. I found that, during network problems (ie using poor mobile connection) or with high
concurrent request on same path... the tryLock timeout is not respected.
In my test I use 3 seconds... but in those circumstance the timeout is higher than expected.
(more than 10 seconds.... also 30.. 40)
I tried with different RetryPolicy and connection timeouts.. but there is something wrong.

So... I don't know if you can help me.. and if this is the right channel for a request like
this.... but... I am hopeful!! :-)

Thanks so much
Stefano.

Listed on SIX Swiss Exchange

Our websites: lastminute.com <http://lastminute.com/> | bravofly.com <http://bravofly.com/>
| volagratis.com <http://volagratis.com/> | rumbo.es <http://rumbo.es/> | jetcost.com
<http://jetcost.com/> | group.lastminute.com <http://group.lastminute.com/>
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden and could be a crime.