curator-user mailing list archives

From Scott Blum <dragonsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TreeCache not working
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2016 20:57:19 GMT
I might suggest, as a debugging step, you setup a loop with a sleep and
periodically poll the TreeCache for it's state and log the results.  That
might help you narrow down whether TreeCache has any data at all vs. a
user-level event propagation.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Scott Blum <dragonsinth@gmail.com> wrote:

> I took a cursory look but I've never used Scala.  Nothing seems obviously
> wrong, so I'm not sure what to say?  I'm pretty sure TreeCache generally
> works as intended.
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <
> jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
>
>> Scott, please have a look.
>>
>> On Mar 31, 2016, at 12:29 PM, Sakthipriyan Vairamani <
>> sakthiprofessional@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am using Apache Curator Recipes v2.10.0, with Scala 2.11.8. I want to be notified
whenever there is a change (addition, deletion, and updation) in the Node I am watching. Following
is the code I have,

>>     curatorClient = CuratorFrameworkFactory.newClient("proper Connection String"),
>>       new ExponentialBackoffRetry(1000, 3))
>>     curatorClient.start()
>>
>>     treeCache = new TreeCache(curatorClient, "/a")
>>     treeCache.start()
>>
>>     treeCache.getListenable.addListener(new TreeCacheListener {
>>       override def childEvent(client: CuratorFramework, event: TreeCacheEvent): Unit
= {

>>         event.getType match {
>>           case TreeCacheEvent.Type.NODE_ADDED => ERROR("TreeNode added: "
>>             + ZKPaths.getNodeFromPath(event.getData.getPath) + ", value: "
>>             + new String(event.getData.getData))
>>           case TreeCacheEvent.Type.NODE_UPDATED => ERROR("TreeNode Updated: "
>>             + ZKPaths.getNodeFromPath(event.getData.getPath) + ", value: "
>>             + new String(event.getData.getData))
>>           case TreeCacheEvent.Type.NODE_REMOVED => ERROR("TreeNode Removed: "
>>             + ZKPaths.getNodeFromPath(event.getData.getPath) + ", value: "
>>             + new String(event.getData.getData));
>>           case ex: TreeCacheEvent.Type => ERROR(s"Received Event [$ex]")
>>         }
>>
>>       }
>>     })
>>
>> Now, the only message I get from this is
>>
>>     Received Event [INITIALIZED]
>>
>> Nothing else. I tried adding nodes to /a through zkCli and also through the program
(I use util-zk library for inserting). What am I missing?