curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: ConnectionState.LOST without retry.
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 20:50:56 GMT
The ZooKeeper client (which Curator uses) sends Heartbeats to the connected server. The heartbeat
is sent every 2/3 of a session. If the hearbeat fails, the connection drops. Please read Tech
Note 10 for detais: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CURATOR/TN10

-Jordan

> On Mar 24, 2016, at 12:30 PM, Purshotam Shah <purushah@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>

> We use apache curator to connect to ZK.
> We create curator client with following settings.
> 1. session timeout = 5 min
> 2. connection time = 3 min
> 3. Retry = ExponentialBackoffRetry(1000, 10)
>
> We have also setup ConnectionStateListener. We use curator mostly for distributed locking.
We shutdown the system when there is a connection lost.

> We noticed that if there is long GC pause, we get notified as ConnectionState.LOST and
this is causing our system to go down.

> We are working on to figure out why there is log GC pause.
> My question even if we have long GC pause > session timeout, doesn't curator use Retrypolicy
to retry before notifying as ConnectionState.LOST