curator-user mailing list archives

From Purshotam Shah <purus...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject ConnectionState.LOST without retry.
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 17:30:43 GMT

We use apache curator to connect to ZK.We create curator client with following settings.1.
session timeout = 5 min2. connection time = 3 min3. Retry = ExponentialBackoffRetry(1000,
10)
We have also setup ConnectionStateListener. We use curator mostly for distributed locking.
We shutdown the system when there is a connection lost.
We noticed that if there is long GC pause, we get notified as ConnectionState.LOST and this
is causing our system to go down.
We are working on to figure out why there is log GC pause. My question even if we have long
GC pause > session timeout, doesn't curator use Retrypolicy to retry before notifying as
ConnectionState.LOST
Thanks,