curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Reconnection configuration
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 17:04:59 GMT
Prior to Curator 3.0.0, LOST meant that the retry policy had expired. However in 3.0.0, LOST
now means that the ZK session has expired. See here: http://curator.apache.org/errors.html

====================
Jordan Zimmerman

> On Dec 4, 2015, at 11:59 AM, Alvaro Gareppe <agareppe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I want to be able to say to curator retry to connect to zookeeper 4 times even tough
my operations have an unlimited retry policy.

> Why? because when I say RetryPolicy = retry forever and zookeeper dies
>
> I get (as expected) a connection event = SUSPENDED in the connection listener, but after
a while I dont get a LOST event that I expect even tough the session is dead and the ephemeral
nodes are gone... I'm using that LOST state to know that my ephemeral nodes are gone cause
if not I want to kill the connection

> Maybe there is a way without a connection policy (asuming that dotn exist)...
>
> So at the end my question is.. how to now when the connection its in a state where you
are reconnected but all your ephemeral nodes are gone? cause I thought that LOST was that
state.. but there are cases where I'm not getting that