curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Reconnection configuration
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 17:25:23 GMT
If you limit yourself to 3.4.x APIs it should work.

====================
Jordan Zimmerman

3.0.0, LOST now means that the ZK session has expired. See here: http://curator.apache.org/errors.html

>> ====================
>> Jordan Zimmerman
>>
>>> On Dec 4, 2015, at 11:59 AM, Alvaro Gareppe <agareppe@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I want to be able to say to curator retry to connect to zookeeper 4 times even
tough my operations have an unlimited retry policy.

>>> Why? because when I say RetryPolicy = retry forever and zookeeper dies
>>>
>>> I get (as expected) a connection event = SUSPENDED in the connection listener,
but after a while I dont get a LOST event that I expect even tough the session is dead and
the ephemeral nodes are gone... I'm using that LOST state to know that my ephemeral nodes
are gone cause if not I want to kill the connection

>>> Maybe there is a way without a connection policy (asuming that dotn exist)...

>>> So at the end my question is.. how to now when the connection its in a state
where you are reconnected but all your ephemeral nodes are gone? cause I thought that LOST
was that state.. but there are cases where I'm not getting that