curator-user mailing list archives

From Vikrant Singh <vikrant.subscr...@gmail.com>
Subject Query on SESSION_LOST (3.0.0)
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 21:09:01 GMT
Hello All,
I need some guidance on understanding how to a fix done in latest release
3.0.0 . I am talking about following fix -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-247 .

In my project we create some ephemeral nodes and monitor a cluster through
a tree cache . Framework for treecache and ephemeral node is created
using ExponentialBackoffRetry with retry interval of 1 sec and retry count
of 29 (which is MAX_RETRIES_LIMIT ) .  We do kill the process moment  we
get TreeCacheEvent.Type.CONNECTION_LOST event .

As process restart is really expensive, I want to understand how I can
leverage from this fix.

Please help me in understanding what is the issue and how it may affect a
setup like ours. We are still not on 3.0.0.

Thanks,
Vikrant