curator-user mailing list archives

From 罗傅聪 <bayinam...@gmail.com>
Subject Why PathChildrenCache does not have "cversion"?
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 04:13:53 GMT
Hi all:

I recently went through the PathChildrenCache source code (in curator-recipes-2.9.0) and found
that it does not store the path node’s “cversion”, which indicating the number of changes
to the children of this znode. (Correct me if I’m wrong.)

I think the “cversion” is a very important version number which enable us to verify that
the PathChildrenCache is really catch up to the remote zookeeper znodes.

So I’m wondering that:

1. why the PathChildrenCache does not store “cversion”, or furthermore, why it does not
store the path node’s status?

2. are there other means I can use to verify that the PathChildrenCache is not falling behind
the remote znodes?

Thanks!