curator-user mailing list archives

From Joe Littlejohn <joelittlej...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Temporarily remove a host from service discovery
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 20:49:31 GMT
Oh yes, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that someone else should implement
this. I'm more than happy to submit a PR for this.

I just wanted to run this by the core team first really, to see if anyone
had strong opinions about either the feature or the best method of
implementing it.

So my plan for this would be:

- Include an 'enabled' boolean value to ServiceInstance
- Add an EnabledInstanceFilter to localFilters in the ServiceProviderImpl
constructor, this filter will remove disabled instances

For now, removing an instance would be a manual update via e.g. Exhibitor.
I can imagine creating some tooling to do this though.