curator-user mailing list archives

From pratap k <pratap_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Curator Method calls are blocking when zookeeper is down
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 14:27:59 GMT
 Hi Jordan,
We don't want asynchronous calls, as we need immediately what is the result of the operation.Basically,
I am looking for the method calls ( like checkExists)  to return immediately or have a different
retry policy other than connection retry.

Basically, by using same retry policy for connection retry and the method retry, the application
threads are getting impacted with the connection retry policy. For ex: if  Exponentional
Backoff policy is mentioned, there is a chance of method call being blocked indefinately if
zookeeper server goes down.

Regards,Pratap

     On Friday, October 9, 2015 5:46 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>