curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Why PathChildrenCache does not have "cversion"?
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 04:18:49 GMT
PathChildrenCache stores the node’s Stat object in the ChildData. So, all the data you want
is there.

-JZ

> On Oct 20, 2015, at 11:13 PM, 罗傅聪 <bayinamine@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all:
>
> I recently went through the PathChildrenCache source code (in curator-recipes-2.9.0)
and found that it does not store the path node’s “cversion”, which indicating the number
of changes to the children of this znode. (Correct me if I’m wrong.)

> I think the “cversion” is a very important version number which enable us to verify
that the PathChildrenCache is really catch up to the remote zookeeper znodes.

> So I’m wondering that:
>
> 1. why the PathChildrenCache does not store “cversion”, or furthermore, why it does
not store the path node’s status?