curator-user mailing list archives

From Luo Fucong <bayinam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why PathChildrenCache does not have "cversion"?
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 04:34:52 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for the ambiguous meaning of “path node”. By saying “path node”, I mean the
common root node of the children.

So PathChildrenCach does store the children nodes Stat, but it does not store the root node's
Stat.

For instance, I have created a PathChildrenCach cache = new PathChildrenCache(“/path/to/node”).
I can get the Stat of “/path/to/node/child1”, but I cannot get the Stat of “/path/to/node”
directly from the cache.

> 在 2015年10月21日,下午12:18,Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>
写道:

> PathChildrenCache stores the node’s Stat object in the ChildData. So, all the data
you want is there.

> -JZ
>
>> On Oct 20, 2015, at 11:13 PM, 罗傅聪 <bayinamine@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all:
>>
>> I recently went through the PathChildrenCache source code (in curator-recipes-2.9.0)
and found that it does not store the path node’s “cversion”, which indicating the number
of changes to the children of this znode. (Correct me if I’m wrong.)

>> I think the “cversion” is a very important version number which enable us to
verify that the PathChildrenCache is really catch up to the remote zookeeper znodes.

>> So I’m wondering that:
>>
>> 1. why the PathChildrenCache does not store “cversion”, or furthermore, why it
does not store the path node’s status?