curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Temporarily remove a host from service discovery
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 02:31:30 GMT
We’re always open to PRs - in fact they are encouraged! No guarantees, but this is a community
project. So, please help.

-Jordan

> On Oct 28, 2015, at 6:44 PM, Joe Littlejohn <joelittlejohn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for commenting!
>
> It would be good to be able to implement this without having to maintain a parallel structure
of nodes. I was thinking a flag included as part of the instance node data ("enabled":false)
however this would require a Curator change since this flag would not be accessible via the
ServiceInstance object (unless it was included in the payload).

> The ability to deactivate a node when using the service discovery recipe seems like a
very useful and core feature. I'm wondering - would the maintainers be amenable to adding
such a feature? It would be quite easy to implement some tooling outside of Curator to set/reset
this flag, but at least having the core Curator library support the flag itself as part of
the node data would mean that this wouldn't require many client-side customisations.