curator-user mailing list archives

From Mike Lewis <MLe...@nephilaadvisors.co.uk>
Subject RE: Error loop
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:05:34 GMT
I forgot to add that when starting my service, I am calling ‘autoRequeue’ on the LeaderSelector,
possibly I’m not dealing with Curator events correctly…

From: Mike Lewis [mailto:MLewis@nephilaadvisors.co.uk]
Sent: 22 October 2015 11:22
To: user@curator.apache.org
Subject: Error loop

Hi,

I have a situation where I was testing a service that ran out of memory (which was fine),
the problem I had is that my log file starting filling up with the following
Occurring I a loop (See below), it seems the leader selector threw an exception – but instead
of being pushed up the stack, it is caught and the same operation
retried … which causes the log file to blow up. Not sure how to resolve this, anyone have
ideas?

Regards,
Mike Lewis

11:13:49.720 [LeaderSelector-1] ERROR o.a.c.f.r.leader.LeaderSelector - mutex.acquire() threw
an exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: instance must be started before calling this method
        at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:176) ~[guava-16.0.1.jar:na]
        at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl.create(CuratorFrameworkImpl.java:336)
~[curator-framework-2.6.0.jar:na]
        at org.apache.curator.framework.recipes.locks.LockInternals.attemptLock(LockInternals.java:223)
~[curator-recipes-2.6.0.jar:na]
        at org.apache.curator.framework.recipes.locks.InterProcessMutex.internalLock(InterProcessMutex.java:221)
~[curator-recipes-2.6.0.jar:na]
        at org.apache.curator.framework.recipes.locks.InterProcessMutex.acquire(InterProcessMutex.java:77)
~[curator-recipes-2.6.0.jar:na]
        at org.apache.curator.framework.recipes.leader.LeaderSelector.doWork(LeaderSelector.java:385)
[curator-recipes-2.6.0.jar:na]
        at org.apache.curator.framework.recipes.leader.LeaderSelector.doWorkLoop(LeaderSelector.java:443)
[curator-recipes-2.6.0.jar:na]
        at org.apache.curator.framework.recipes.leader.LeaderSelector.access$100(LeaderSelector.java:63)
[curator-recipes-2.6.0.jar:na]
        at org.apache.curator.framework.recipes.leader.LeaderSelector$2.call(LeaderSelector.java:244)
[curator-recipes-2.6.0.jar:na]
        at org.apache.curator.framework.recipes.leader.LeaderSelector$2.call(LeaderSelector.java:238)
[curator-recipes-2.6.0.jar:na]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [na:1.8.0_11]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [na:1.8.0_11]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [na:1.8.0_11]
[na:1.8.0_11]
[na:1.8.0_11]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_11]
11:13:49.721 [LeaderSelector-1] ERROR o.a.c.f.r.leader.LeaderSelector - mutex.acquire() threw
an exception

This email has been sent to you on behalf of Nephila Advisors LLC (“Advisors”). Advisors
provides consultancy services to Nephila Capital Ltd. (“Capital”), an investment advisor
managed and carrying on business in Bermuda. Advisors and its employees do not act as agents
for Capital or the funds it advises and do not have the authority to bind Capital or such
funds to any transaction or agreement.

The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is confidential and for use by
the addressee only. Any use, disclosure, reproduction, modification or distribution of the
contents of this e-mail, or any part thereof, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please return the e-mail to the sender
and delete it from your computer. This email is for information purposes only, nothing contained
herein constitutes an offer to sell or buy securities, as such an offer may only be made from
a properly authorized offering document. Although Nephila attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments
for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for
any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

This email has been sent to you on behalf of Nephila Advisors UK (“Advisors UK”). Advisors
UK provides consultancy services to Nephila Capital Ltd. (“Capital”), an investment advisor
managed and carrying on business in Bermuda. Advisors UK and its employees do not act as agents