curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Best Practice while creating znodes?
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2015 20:57:01 GMT
The node names. Internally, ZooKeeper’s protocol is (by default) limited to 1MB per response.

-JZ

On September 13, 2015 at 3:44:10 PM, Check Peck (comptechgeeky@gmail.com) wrote:

Hi Jordan,

I was looking at this email which you sent me long time back. Here you
mentioned - If I call getChildren(), the entire length of all the children
can't exceed 1MB. Suppose, I have 500 clients as client_0, client_1 etc.
And each client has 50-60 znodes with some data in it.

List<String> children = client.getData().forPath("/root/clients/");

So by length here you mean, actual znode name of all clients? Or something
else?

Actually I am confuse what does length the the entire length of all the
children means? Does it mean data also within each node or just the
zookeeper path of those node.