curator-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Kashtan <djkash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NodeExistsException with Shared Value recipe in Curator
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 14:19:46 GMT
I can definitely work around this problem by configuring my log4j file to
WARN for the admins and then have a separate file with a verbose view set
to INFO.

What would be ideal is to have an option to call the .start() method with a
checkExists(). I am already doing using checkExists() in other parts of my
code, but if I am using the Shared Value recipe I believe I cannot avoid
these exceptions being thrown in the server (please correct me if I am
wrong though).

Personally I can tolerate the NodeExists exceptions in the logs, but when
administrators are running the software in production and see exceptions in
the logs they think something is broken.

--
-Daniel