curator-user mailing list archives

From Mike Lewis <MLe...@nephilaadvisors.co.uk>
Subject RE: NodeCache query
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 07:09:49 GMT
This query has been solved, quick look this morning reveals … user error ;)

From: Mike Lewis [mailto:MLewis@nephilaadvisors.co.uk]
Sent: 25 August 2015 17:31
To: user@curator.apache.org
Subject: NodeCache query

Hi,

I’ve just started looking at ZooKeeper and Curator, so apologies for the simple question.
I hope someone can help.

The situation I have is this,

·         I create a ‘Master’ object (derived from LeaderSelectorListener) it takes leadership
and writes
Some data ‘X’ to a task path.

·         I create another Master (this is just awaiting Leadership).

·         A ‘Worker’ (see snippet below) is listener to changes on the task path and
processes the message ‘X’ and

the updates the path data to an empty array once it has done its task.

This is all fine, except when I stop ‘Master’, the Standby takes over (which is good),
but then I get the old message ‘X’

Replayed, i.e. I get two messages ‘X’ and the empty array. This is obviously default/desired
behavior.

Does anyone know how I can change this so that when a new ‘Master’ is elected, the old
node events are not replayed?

Thanks,
Mike

val cache = new NodeCache(client,taskPath)
  cache.start()

  val listener = new NodeCacheListener {
    override def nodeChanged(): Unit = {

      val str : String = new String(cache.getCurrentData.getData)
      val len = str.length
      println (s"Worker $workerId nodeChanged event , data $str, length $len")
      if ( len > 0) {
        /**
         * I have a non-empty task, process it...
         */
        println (s"Doing my task.... let master know I can handle more tasks...")

        client.inTransaction().setData().forPath(taskPath,Array.empty).and().commit()
      }

    }
  }

This email has been sent to you on behalf of Nephila Advisors LLC (“Advisors”). Advisors
provides consultancy services to Nephila Capital Ltd. (“Capital”), an investment advisor
managed and carrying on business in Bermuda. Advisors and its employees do not act as agents
for Capital or the funds it advises and do not have the authority to bind Capital or such
funds to any transaction or agreement.

The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is confidential and for use by
the addressee only. Any use, disclosure, reproduction, modification or distribution of the
contents of this e-mail, or any part thereof, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please return the e-mail to the sender
and delete it from your computer. This email is for information purposes only, nothing contained
herein constitutes an offer to sell or buy securities, as such an offer may only be made from
a properly authorized offering document. Although Nephila attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments
for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for
any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

This email has been sent to you on behalf of Nephila Advisors UK (“Advisors UK”). Advisors
UK provides consultancy services to Nephila Capital Ltd. (“Capital”), an investment advisor
managed and carrying on business in Bermuda. Advisors UK and its employees do not act as agents