curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: is that possible to make couple method public in ServiceDiscoveryImpl.java
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 01:46:25 GMT
Seem reasonable. Open a Jira and post a PR.

-JZ

On June 11, 2015 at 4:07:32 PM, Zhang Xiaoyu (zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com) wrote:

Hi, guys,
Our project depends on curator since it is a Netflix project. We notice that after it is moved
to Apache, several methods in class ServiceDiscoveryImpl.java is change to package accessible
from public:

void    cacheOpened(ServiceCache<T> cache)
void    cacheClosed(ServiceCache<T> cache)
void    providerOpened(ServiceProvider<T> provider)
void    providerClosed(ServiceProvider<T> cache)
CuratorFramework getClient()
String  pathForName(String name)
InstanceSerializer<T> getSerializer()
List<ServiceInstance<T>>  queryForInstances(String name, Watcher watcher) throws
Exception

May I ask what's the reason to do so ? And is that possible to change it back to public ?
Our project is simply break if we bump to higher version of Curator. We don't like to branch
out the code either :)

Thanks in advance,
Johnny