curator-user mailing list archives

From Zhang Xiaoyu <zhangxiaoyu...@gmail.com>
Subject is that possible to make couple method public in ServiceDiscoveryImpl.java
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 21:07:09 GMT
Hi, guys,
Our project depends on curator since it is a Netflix project. We notice
that after it is moved to Apache, several methods in
class ServiceDiscoveryImpl.java is change to package accessible from public:

void    cacheOpened(ServiceCache<T> cache)
void    cacheClosed(ServiceCache<T> cache)
void    providerOpened(ServiceProvider<T> provider)
void    providerClosed(ServiceProvider<T> cache)
CuratorFramework getClient()
String  pathForName(String name)
InstanceSerializer<T> getSerializer()
List<ServiceInstance<T>>  queryForInstances(String name, Watcher watcher)
throws Exception

May I ask what's the reason to do so ? And is that possible to change it
back to public ? Our project is simply break if we bump to higher version
of Curator. We don't like to branch out the code either :)

Thanks in advance,
Johnny