curator-user mailing list archives

From "Lavoie, John L" <john.lav...@optum.com>
Subject org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode
Date Mon, 18 May 2015 19:07:02 GMT
Our cluster was upgraded to MapR 4.0.1 (from 3.0.1) over the weekend and our app is throwing
unexpected exceptions related to ZooKeeper.  To eliminate our own code as the culprit, I am
using the Curator PathChildrenCache example to debug, since our own code is using the PathChildrenCache.

There are just a few customizations from the vanilla example code, namely:
private static String PATH = "/optum/myapp/jobstatus";
private static String connectionString = "<myconnectionstring>"
And, System.err.println(e); was added to the catch() statement in the setValue method.

When running the example we see:
$ java -jar zk-test-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar cache.Example
An example of using PathChildrenCache. This example is driven by entering commands at the
prompt:

set <name> <value>: Adds or updates a node with the given name
remove <name>: Deletes the node with the given name
list: List the nodes/values in the cache
quit: Quit the example

> list
* empty *
> set asdf asdf
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /cache.Example/asdf
> list
* empty *

Any ideas? Is this a general ZK issue?  Other applications on the cluster appear to be running
happily.

A more complete stack trace of the error is:
[2015-05-18 13:30:53,587] [[analytic-platform-service-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.1505141956].ProcessRequest.async1.04]
ERROR KeeperException [com.uhg.optum.acc.sdk.util.CacheManager]
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoNodeException: KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for /optum/acc/jobstatus/1483e1fe-14e3-4203-b139-41dc4a3b4ad3
        at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:111)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.setData(ZooKeeper.java:1266)
        at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.SetDataBuilderImpl$4.call(SetDataBuilderImpl.java:260)
        at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.SetDataBuilderImpl$4.call(SetDataBuilderImpl.java:256)
        at org.apache.curator.RetryLoop.callWithRetry(RetryLoop.java:107)
        at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.SetDataBuilderImpl.pathInForeground(SetDataBuilderImpl.java:252)
        at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.SetDataBuilderImpl.forPath(SetDataBuilderImpl.java:239)
        at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.SetDataBuilderImpl.forPath(SetDataBuilderImpl.java:39)
        at com.uhg.optum.acc.sdk.util.CacheManager.set(CacheManager.java:140)

Thanks,
John Lavoie