curator-user mailing list archives

From <m...@speakeasyapp.net>
Subject Re: Reaper/ChildReaper usage
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 17:19:01 GMT
Thanks for your response. Yes I think the issue referred to in CURATOR-173 might be the problem

because I have tried adding /lock/calendar itself, and the child /lock/calendar/uuid does
NOT get removed (probably because it itself has children).

From: David Kesler
Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎March‎ ‎31‎, ‎2015 ‎10‎:‎17‎ ‎AM
To: user@curator.apache.org

How are you constructing your ChildReaper?  It sounds like you’re constructing a child reaper
using the path of the lock itself and the path the childreaper is watching is getting deleted
(though I’m not sure why).  If you’re planning on having a number of locks of the form
/lock/calendar/uuid1, /lock/calendar/uuid2, etc., you should be creating a single ChildReaper
at startup that uses /lock/calendar as the path for your child reaper.  This will ensure that
the children of /lock/calendar (that is, your uuid locks) will get reaped.  You don’t need
to be adding /lock/calendar/uuid to your child reaper directly.

As a side note,  if you’re using InterProcessSemaphoreMutex, there’s currently an issue
with ChildReaper in 2.7 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-173) which should hopefully
be fixed in the next release.  If you can, you may want to consider InterProcessMutex instead.