curator-user mailing list archives

From <m...@speakeasyapp.net>
Subject Reaper/ChildReaper usage
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 16:57:13 GMT
Hi, I’m using the InterProcessSemaphoreMutex for a distributed locking recipe.

A typical path for a lock might be

/lock/calendar/<uuid>

I’d assume these paths need to be cleaned up eventually, so I’ve tried using childreaper
and reaper to do so after I unlock the lock.

ChildReaper kind of works. If I add /lock/calendar/uuid it happily removes the children. the
log shows it removes the leases and locks and the node itself is shown to be gone in zkClient
However suddenly it begins complaining in a seemingly endless loop that the path is gone.
This despite trying Mode.Delete and Mode.Until Gone.

Reaper does nothing, probably because /lock/calendar/uuid has children.

Am I missing something? Do I not need to clean up these locks? What do I need to worry concurrency
wise about.