curator-user mailing list archives

From Cameron McKenzie <cammcken...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regarding leadership status
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:04:24 GMT
hey Ricardo,
That's an interesting problem.

If a node is disconnected from ZK it will report that it did not have
leadership, regardless of whether its ephemeral node on ZK has been removed
or not.

If a node is not connected to ZK then I guess it could persist messages
until it is reconnected and then process them afterwards. The issue being
that it may no longer be leader in which case the messages would not be
processed by any node. Not sure if it's possible / practical, but I guess
the node could re-broadcast all of the persisted messages to all nodes (or
just the current leader) once it reconnected to ZK.

cheers
Cam