curator-user mailing list archives

From "Tony Jackson" <tjackso...@mail.com>
Subject Watcher latency question
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 05:04:07 GMT
I read some articles mentioning that Zookeeper watcher has latency issue. Something like before
the next watcher is placed and after the previous watcher is triggered, it is possible that
the client may not receive notification within that period.

http://www.quora.com/Does-Zookeeper-clients-keep-open-lots-of-TCP-connections-if-so-how-scalable-is-it-Any-limits

Then on the internet some people recommend using curator pathcache, which helps watch child
znodes being added, updated, etc. operations. So my question - is it the right recipe to use
if I want to avoid watcher latency problem? Otherwise which recipe should I use instead or
how to avoid such problem with curator?

http://curator.apache.org/curator-recipes/path-cache.html

Thanks