curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: RPC proxy: getLeaderParticipants -> exception
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2014 21:11:20 GMT
This looks like a Thrift problem. Can you get the log from the server?

-JZ

On October 26, 2014 at 3:28:55 PM, Jens Weggemann (jensweh@gmail.com) wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to use Curator through its RPC proxy from C++ on Windows.
Things seemed to work fine, but now I keep getting into an exception when I call getLeaderParticipants()
after startLeaderSelector().
This only seems to happen when the node for the election path (/my-election) has not existed
before so I guess I could work around it by creating the node beforehand.
But I'd really like to understand what's going on here.

I broke it down a minimal example that doesn't even call getNextEvent() to avoid the 2nd thread.
The code is at https://gist.github.com/jweg/9328fe850aa4ece9d4d6 along with the exception
and the log.

I'm using zookeeper 3.5.0-alpha and recent masters of curator and thrift.
Do I do something wrong or could this be a bug? In what?

Thanks a lot,
Jens