curator-user mailing list archives

From Jens Weggemann <jens...@gmail.com>
Subject RPC proxy: getLeaderParticipants -> exception
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2014 20:28:29 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to use Curator through its RPC proxy from C++ on Windows.
Things seemed to work fine, but now I keep getting into an exception when I
call getLeaderParticipants() after startLeaderSelector().
This only seems to happen when the node for the election path
(/my-election) has not existed before so I guess I could work around it by
creating the node beforehand.
But I'd really like to understand what's going on here.

I broke it down a minimal example that doesn't even call getNextEvent() to
avoid the 2nd thread.
The code is at https://gist.github.com/jweg/9328fe850aa4ece9d4d6 along with
the exception and the log.

I'm using zookeeper 3.5.0-alpha and recent masters of curator and thrift.
Do I do something wrong or could this be a bug? In what?

Thanks a lot,
Jens