curator-user mailing list archives

From Ricardo Ferreira <ricardojs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Find current group leader
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2014 22:19:14 GMT
I'm using the Leader Selector on my server nodes (that make up the
cluster). Each node instantiates a new LeaderSelector instance, passing
itself as a LeaderSelectorListener.

I've just checked and it seems LeaderLatch doesn't require me to register a
LeaderSelectorListener, which is good, because I have no purpose to do so
on the client...

So on my client, I can instantiate a LeaderLatch, start it, query for the
leader and then close it. Is this an acceptable pattern?