curator-user mailing list archives

From Joel Denny <jde...@etinternational.com>
Subject usefulness of UnhandledErrorListener
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 15:23:39 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to decide whether I need to add an UnhandledErrorListener to
my Curator application in order to guarantee graceful handling of
connection loss or other failures.

At http://curator.apache.org/errors.html, I see the following paragraph:

"UnhandledErrorListener is called when a background task, etc. catches
an exception. In general, Curator users shouldn't care about these as
they are logged. However, you can listen for them if you choose."

What is the purpose then of an UnhandledErrorListener?  Is it purely for
any custom logging that a Curator user might wish to perform? Are there
any known use cases where it is worthwhile to catch and handle
exceptions in some other manner here?

Thanks.

Joel