curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Curator connection states
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 15:26:12 GMT
1) Shouldn't we have a READ_ONLY state initially? How can I know if the connection is read
only?
2) Why do we have the SUSPENDED states in between?
The connection state changes are based on the actual connection. When a connection is lost,
Curator goes to SUSPENDED. Curator will report READ_ONLY only when the ZooKeeper instance
returns Watcher.Event.KeeperState.ConnectedReadOnly to the main Watcher.

-JZ

When I have a 3 nodes ZooKeeper ensemble with 2 down and my read-only flag is set on the curator
client, here is what I see:

// initial connection:
ZOOKEEPER state change: CONNECTEDREADONLY
CURATOR state change: CONNECTED

// a second node comes up
ZOOKEEPER state change: CONNECTED
CURATOR state change: SUSPENDED
CURATOR state change: RECONNECTED

// that second node goes down again
ZOOKEEPER state change: CONNECTEDREADONLY
CURATOR state change: SUSPENDED
CURATOR state change: READ_ONLY

1) Shouldn't we have a READ_ONLY state initially? How can I know if the connection is read
only?
2) Why do we have the SUSPENDED states in between?

Thanks