curator-user mailing list archives

From Donald Laidlaw <donlaid...@me.com>
Subject Re: DistributedQueue - subscriber not receiving all messages
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 15:32:55 GMT
I stopped zookeeper and deleted all its data and started fresh.

Now, I am receiving queued events in the consumer as expected. No code changes!

For some reason there must have been a problem with either the zookeeper data or the instance
that was running. This is very strange indeed. I will see if it happens again and report it.

Thanks,
-Don

> Well, I don't think the producer side is consuming them, because I can see the messages
when using the command line client. But here is the producer code:

> managerNodeStateQueue = QueueBuilder.builder(curatorFramework,
> 	null,
> 	new JsonQueueSerializer<>(NodeStateEvent.class),
> 	queuePath).buildQueue();
> managerNodeStateQueue.start();
> managerNodeStateQueue.put(new NodeStateEvent("Running"));
>
> With the command line client I can "ls /manager/nodeStateQueue" and see the messages.
They stay in the queue after they are written. I need to stop and start the JVM of the consumer
to actually consume them.