curator-user mailing list archives

From Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie....@gmail.com>
Subject TestingServer
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 04:39:10 GMT
Curators,
Does anyone (Jordan?) know a compelling reason why the TestingServer()
starts the underlying server within the constructor, and has no way of
restarting the server?

Not having this functionality makes it useless for testing connection loss
and reconnection. The underlying server classes that TestingServer wraps
up, support this functionality.

Unless I'm missing something, I was going to raise a JIRA ticket and write
a patch to expose the start() and restart() methods of the underlying
server classes, and also create a new constructor that doesn't immediately
start the underlying servers.
cheers
Cam