curator-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Issue with mutexes not being released
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 13:35:43 GMT
Somehow these locks are being created but when cleared out by the finally, they seem to not
always be deleted.
What do you mean by “not always be deleted”? Do you mean the lock isn’t released? How
do you know?

Also, Is this in 2.4.2? Which recipe? InterProcessMutex? Nothing has changed in that code
that I know of (though it uses code that has changed for other reasons). There are numerous
tests for locks and they all currently pass. Any more details on this?

-JZ

From: Bae, Jae Hyeon metacret@gmail.com
Reply: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
Date: May 27, 2014 at 1:10:48 AM
To: user@curator.apache.org user@curator.apache.org
Subject:  Issue with mutexes not being released

Hi

I got reported mutexes not being released.  Somehow these locks are being created but when
cleared out by the finally, they seem to not always be deleted. This just suddenly started
happening since they upgraded curator version, despite there being no changes to this code
at all for quite some time.

Do you have any idea what have changed?

Thank you
Best, Jae